Monday, October 13, 2008

Terimee Trim Me

After much hesitation and persuasion from my sister to join her in a slimming program by "Terimee", I finally agreed! I mean I have always wanted to be slimmer of course, but the price! It's killing me! But only because my sister was like persuading me for almost the whole day and it's gonna be my birthday present for 2 years! LOL.

My sister is someone I used to label "The Bitch". We usually do not speak to each other unless needed. Either that, or we'll be quarreling. But now, I know she loves me(can't believe I'm saying this). Like what Suet mentioned in her blog, we Asians mostly do not know how to show our love and affection towards our family. The same goes to me. And for me to be even blogging bout this is like sooo awkward to me but the fact that she is willing to foot out such amount for me to look better is like Woah!

You see, my sister is a mum now. A single mum. And before she was pregnant, she was just like my size. Not very slim I would say, our family have always been on the larger side. But not fat either. After giving birth, she started putting on a lot of weight. As in A LOT! Not that I cared at first coz' she was giving me her entire wardrobe, but then I know it was a big hit on her.

Come on, even whenI was hospitalised and was on steroids, I put on like 5Kg and I was so depressed! Imagine my sister who had to like gained almost double of her weight before. After I moved in with her, I would get comments such as "why you so fat wan?", "why your thighs so big wan?".. You know insults like that, that made me think that she was just saying that to make herself feel better and that she was jealous.

How could I think of her in such a way??? When today she practically forced me to join this slimming program. Ya, she was still complaining to the consultant bout how fat my thighs was yada yada.. but still!!!





The amount that she paid for my thighs to be "smaller"

You may think it's not a lot but to me it is! And she even wanted me to take up another course that was triple of this amount and I was like CRAZY-ar! Well, to her it is considered cheap already compared to the amount she is paying for her own course. It's because different "fat case" needs different kind of treatment and according to the consultant, my "fats" are still soft and easy to be broken. HOPEFULLY!

We came back bout 1am and found my deft and dumb aunty sleeping on the couch in the hall. We asked her why was she sleeping outside in sign language and she said it was coz' she was afraid that I wouldn't have keys to open the door as I had left my set of keys behind. She didn't know that I had went out with my sister. It was such a hit for me. Almost wanted to cry. Again, I'm an Asian. All I managed to do was to give her a pat on her head and ask her to go sleep.

I realize now, there is none other like your own family.

2 comments:

Suet Li said...

i didnt know you're living with another aunt?
yeah it was so nice of her =(

Anonymous said...

So did your sis lose any weight after went for tat price of slimming programme? Dont get cheated la, these thgs cannot trust one