Tuesday, February 17, 2009

KL No More

Hi ppl,

Im here.. in Miri already. Yeah, it's Miri. Not US or Aussie or NZ or where ever.
I'm just in a state of recovery from the extreme culture shock that I had. LOL.

You see, I was sleeping throughout the entire journey here and suddenly I just felt this sharp pain in my ear. Woke up and realized that we were actually landing! Haha. So as the plane was on the runway coming to a stop, I had a picture of what my home of the next 1 half year wold look like.

It was a picture filled with greens and browns! All i could see were trees and muddy land! It seems that the place is muddy because of the recent flash floods that caused a few landslides that actually had ppl killed. On the way to campus, we actually had to drive through few of the tragedy sites too.

Fast forwarded, I have a Korean room mate. Her name's Bianca. Don't know her actual name yet though. Only had lunch with her and her boyfriend from China, who lives directly opposite our house, hence the explanation for why she's practically not living here. And she took her pillow with her when she left just now. Staying over I suppose? =(

Then had dinner with another girl, my housemate from Kelantan. The only girl I actuallly could speak in the way I actually speak! LOL. Let me tell you bout an incredibly funny story that happened just now.

When I was on the way walking to lunch with Bianca and Lee, her boyfriend, I asked Lee, "So, you can speak korean?". And he was like NO! Then I said, "So what were you all speaking in just now?" And Bianca was like English!! HAHAHAHA I know I'm damn mean but yeah really it sounded like korean or japanese, or mandarin. But absolutely did not sound like English at all! Haha!

Spent time unpacking stuff as soon as I arrived. Was too tired to go to campus already so took a nap till dinner time and have been in front of the comp ever since-La. Is this how my life is gonna be for the next 1 half year? I now wonder, why did I even wanna come here... sigh.. to study-La..


Book shelf turned shoe shelf! =p


So not the nice sleeping here.. =(


I said unpacking not arranging yet right!


My true companion.. =D

IT'S TOO QUIET HERE!!! ARGH!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha what english accent were they using? korean ah?

Anonymous said...

hey..i saw some of your pics at facebook.

u actually need a passport to enter sarawak? i didn't know that.