Sunday, January 4, 2009

2009

It's a whole new year again. With a blink of an eye, a year has passed by. If someone would have asked me if 2008 was a memorable year for me, I really would not know how to answer. And so, I spent this past few moments before I fall asleep, trying to think what memories did the year 2008 brought to me.

Firstly, I would say '08 would be the year that I would always remember. It was the year where relationships were broken, and healed. It was the year I had the most regrets, but learned to forget. It was the year I was most sad, but at the same time, happy. It was the year I lost my mum. But knowing that I lost her not to the hands of the devil, but she is now rejoicing in heaven, brings peace to me.

Her death has brought sadness, regret, and bitterness to the deepest of my heart. I was not only sad, but torn apart, realizing that I'm motherless. I was regret over every single of my action, what I had and had not done to her. I was bitter. So bitter towards my father, thinking that it was all caused by him. But I learned to forget. Still learning.

Apart from losing my mother, it was also the year where we almost lost my niece, Valerie. 15 minutes was how long we thought she was almost gone. Knowing that she is asleep now in the room beside mine, brings the utmost happiness to me now.

Overall, 2008 was a year that reformed my life. I hurt, but now I have healed. My siblings, aunties and I grew closer. Little Val and I are very attached. My cousin in Aussie and I are keeping in touch after all the years. The boyfriend and I are doing better, but not in the case of the mother-in-law lol. And lastly, relationship with my father have, I should say, improved. In a way that we're at least talking. And as for my friends, I still have the craziest, wackiest, funniest, most outrageous bunch of friends that I love so much, may they be close, or far.

And how I celebrated my new year's countdown?


Hiding under table.

Was actually at Curve with some friends and was hiding from all the yucky foam thingy that I just hate so much! It gets me all sticky and icky. yuck. And actually got irritated with the whole countdown thing. Couldn't get why everyone would not just stay at home, have a romantic dinner, watch a movie and make love all night long (my dream countdown =p ), instead of getting all squashed up at like the curve, with the intention of watching fireworks that are most probably visible only at one particular spot, getting drowned with yucky foam that people waste money buying, they're just soap foams! Plus getting stuck in heavy heavy traffic and taking the risk of having a mental breakdown from finding a parking! Yea, I am getting older.


With Brenda


And the boyfriend

After curve, headed down to Kl, to the Golden City condo with Kai, on a rescue mission. Haha, sorry, sorta like an inside joke to those who understand. And ya, I just drank coke all night long. Really!



Happy New Year guys!

1 comment:

Suet Li said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR BABEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MISS YOUUUUUU