Friday, March 13, 2009

Miri Tour

Ok, it wasn't exactly a Miri tour-La. Just went around some interesting places for my assignment purpose. We're like suppose to sh0ot a short documentary by dramatizing a location. So had Sam to take us around. He took us practically around Miri, which is not big as it only took us 'bout an hour plus. We stopped by at two places which are at the completely opposite sides of Miri.

First he took us to this place which doesn't have a specific name for it actually. It's just referred to as the 'fishing pot'. This place is like on the left side of Miri, the sea side.


I know I look horrible here. In fact in all the other following pictures too. Had sore eyes and couldn't make up-La.


Nice kan.. I'm beginning to use 'kan' a lot here..


Feels like I'm on a holiday when I'm here.


The lake/river behind the sea where people fish.

Then we headed off to the other side of Miri, the right side. Went up to this hill call the Canada Hill. Situated at the top of the Canada Hill is the Petroleum Museum where Miri's no.1 oil well was situated.


The 'Grand Old Lady'. It's not a lady duh~ It's the first cable-tool oil well in the country.


The statues working beneath the grand old lday.


Forgot to introduce my groupmates from class. From left is Abby, from Brunei. Then behind me is Noora from Maldives! Me from Malaysia and on my right is Zena from China! How cool right. We're like the international group! =D


And from there, we could see the view of the entire Miri.


See the sea at the far end? Thats where we were, at the 'fishing pot'.



And that's me and Zena!

Thanks Abby for the pics! stole them from you =)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hope my uni life would be like that too =( somehow i've a faint suspicion that i'll introduce you guys to my new melb friends as "XYZ from Malaysia, ABC from Malaysia, DEF from Singapore" wtf

eStee Louder said...

haha no la.. eh alot of my frens here frm eveywhere would also transfer to aussie wan.

Accyee said...

Yea. I noticed. :P